Saturday, February 5, 2011

How to Follow the Blog

Dear Readers:

If you're like me, you'd like some hint when there's new material on the blog, especially since I post sporadically.  (You don't want to be checking every day.)  I try to be conscientious about putting a notice on Facebook and Twitter, but even that's not too reliable unless you're diligently looking at one of those.

I added two new items in the boxes to the left:  the top one (just below the Tenniel illustration from "Alice") is an icon that will let you get a notification through your blog reader.  In case (like me) you don't really know what that is, I also added the possibility of subscribing by email:  when I post, you're supposed to get an email letting you know.  That's the second box under the Tenniel picture.  Note that making yourself a "follower" of the blog only allows you to access the blog through your Blogger Dashboard--it's not a notification system.

I do not receive any notification that you have subscribed, and other subscribers can't see you.  You do this confidentially (which is a good thing).  It's just between you and the little elves who send you stuff through your email.

So try it out, if you like.  Let me know how it works for you.  (I tried some other doo-dad, but it didn't work.  So I took it down.  This looks a lot more legitimate to me.)

Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks! I'm one of those that can never figure out how to be notified of new posts.

    ReplyDelete