Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Channel 12 Story on Higley Letter

You can watch a video of the story that appeared this evening on Channel 12's 5:00 news here.
(be patient; it may take a few moments to load)

AZCentral.com provides supporting documents:

1.  The original letter that I posted last night.

2.  The op-ed piece by Jennifer Lauria.

3.  The letter that went out from the superintendent's office today to correct the original mailing.

I suspect that something may appear in the Arizona Republic in the morning.

(In case you missed it, please look at my post from earlier this evening.)

2 comments:

  1. As a side note, the revised letter ends with the following sentence:

    "Our chief want, is someone who will inspire us to be what we know we could be." (I have reproduced the punctuation as given in the letter, but I'm pretty sure there shouldn't be a comma after "want.")

    While the sentence is in quotation marks, the author isn't named. To save you a little looking, it's from Ralph Waldo Emerson. It is frequently quoted, but I'm having trouble locating the original source.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete