Monday, March 14, 2011

In Praise of Salad

Sue is the undisputed Queen of Salads in our house.  You only have to see a photo of last night's dinner to understand why:


Believe me, it tasted as good as it looked.  It's essentially a Salade Nicoise, a la Sue.  She made the dressing, a simple vinaigrette with Dijon mustard and balsamic vinegar.

Elizabeth is certainly the Princess:  look at the plate she assembled.


I'm glad Sue is good at this, because I don't enjoy making salads, and I don't know why.  It's not rational, so don't ask for a reason.  I do like to eat them, which is more than I can say for our resident carnivore, Buddy.  As you can see from the photo, he is not impressed.



(Neither is the cat, as you can tell from his aloof stance in the background of the photo.)

Be we like salad, and we like the way Sue makes it!

No comments:

Post a Comment