Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Milestone



Sometime around midnight in the transition from January 31 to February 1, 2011, the blog passed 1000 page views.  I'm astonished, humbled, and pleased.  Thanks for reading.

The stats also tell me that we've had occasional hits in Europe (France, Denmark, England, Spain, Germany, and Austria) as well as more exotic places like India and Malaysia.  There is at least one faithful reader in Tanzania, and there is quite a coterie in Venezuela.  We've also had a couple of hits from Argentina.

The US readership is by far the highest.  The statistics don't tell me what state people are from; I wish it did.

Readers therefore come from 5 continents.  Remarkable.  I estimate an average of roughly 35 hits per post.

Please always feel free to leave a comment or to email me directly at david.schildkret@gmail.com.

I'm glad you're finding something worthwhile here.

1 comment:

  1. I meant to include information on the most popular posts. Here are the top five:

    The Flash Mob That Almost Wasn't (And Then Was)
    Dec 22, 2010, 1 comment 62 Pageviews

    Recipe: Popovers (and an hommage to Maine)
    Jan 16, 2011, 5 comments 50 Pageviews

    Palin Speaks
    Jan 12, 2011 48 Pageviews

    An Englishman Rants about Tea
    Jan 4, 2011, 4 comments 48 Pageviews

    On Teaching
    Jan 24, 2011, 1 comment 45 Pageviews


    I think what delights me most (apart from the number of folks reading this stuff) is the range of subjects that people are finding worthwhile. That top five includes an event I participated in, a recipe, a political comment, some musings on tea, and a manifesto on teaching. The only thing that's missing is travel, but the coffee and quesillo posts (which recall Venezuela) are quickly gaining on the others.

    Once again, thanks for being faithful readers.

    ReplyDelete